Safariland Acquires Majority Ownership Interest in Rogers Holster Company

Long-time partner and leading holster and components manufacturer joins Safariland’s suite of brands

Jacksonville, FL – The Safariland Group (“Safariland”), a leading provider of a diverse range of safety and survivability products designed for the public safety, military, professional and outdoor markets, today announced that it has acquired a 65 percent ownership interest in Rogers Holster Company, LLC (“Rogers Holster Co.” or the “Company”), a premier designer and manufacturer of firearm accessory products including holsters and components. Safariland has signed option agreements to acquire the remaining 35 percent of Rogers Holsters Co. from other Company employees and expects to exercise those options by the end of the year. Financial terms, which include the issuance of equity in Safariland’s parent company, were not disclosed.

Rogers Holster Co. was established in 1973 and is a premier designer and innovator of safety holsters and other duty gear as well as a manufacturer of components and finished products for holsters and firearm accessories. The company was founded by Bill Rogers, a former FBI agent, police instructor and entrepreneur, who is also a world ranked IPSC shooter and state trap champion with more than 40 years of shooting competition experience. Rogers’ expertise and industry knowledge give him unique insight into what the police and military need in a protective holster. He created the Kydex and security holsters, which are now widely used by police and military worldwide. He also runs the Rogers Shooting School, which trains military and police SWAT units. Rogers Shooting School is not included as part of this transaction and will continue to be owned and managed by Rogers.

“We are pleased to welcome Bill Rogers, his team and their industry leading products to The Safariland Group,” said Scott O’Brien, President of The Safariland Group. “The Safariland® brand was originally created more than 50 years ago as a holster, belt and accessories provider, and through this addition we will gain in-house injection molding, design, tooling and other capabilities to continue providing our customers with the world-class products for which we are known. Bill is widely considered the leading designer and manufacturer in the holster and firearm accessory market; we are honored he is now joining us, having been a valued Safariland partner for more than 30 years.”

Bill Rogers, Founder and President of Rogers Holster Company commented, “I am thrilled to take my long-time partnership with Safariland, the leader in the safety and survivability market, to the next level. Since 1973, our team has been recognized around the world for developing superior holsters and firearm accessories. I am confident that we will benefit from Safariland’s extensive distribution network and deep industry relationships, and that Safariland is the right partner for our next phase of growth.”

Rogers Holster Co. will remain headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida under the leadership of Rogers and the current management team. In addition to his position as President of Rogers Holster Co., Rogers will also become a Vice-President at Safariland. Rogers Holster Co. will continue to operate as a standalone company within Safariland’s suite of brands and will have access to Safariland’s extensive distribution network, industry relationships and internal resources to build on its platform.

About The Safariland Group
The Safariland Group is a leading global provider of a diverse range of safety and survivability products designed for the public safety, military, professional and outdoor markets. The Safariland Group offers a number of recognized brand names in these markets including Safariland®, Med-Eng®, ABA®, Second Chance®, VIEVU®, Mustang Survival®, Bianchi®, Break Free®, Protech® Tactical, Defense Technology®, Hatch®, Monadnock®, Identicator® and NIK®. The Safariland Group’s mission, “Together, We Save Lives”, is inherent in the lifesaving and protective products it delivers. The Safariland Group is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida.

For more information about The Safariland Group and these products, please visit

The Safariland Group is a trade name of Safariland, LLC.

Warren B. Kanders
(203) 552-9600

Scott O’Brien
(909) 923-7300 x 33004

Jonathan Keehner / Julie Oakes
Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher
(212) 355-4449


Get the Safariland Newsletter

Get the SITREP on promotions, product news and exclusive offers.

Sign Up

Find a Dealer

Find a dealer near you with Safariland’s dealer locator.