TOGETHER, WE SAVE LIVES®
At The Safariland Group, we work together to provide protective solutions that make a difference to our law enforcement, military, security personnel, and commercial/outdoor customers. We are a team of innovators and designers that embrace, engage and drive creativity and new advancements in science, engineering and manufacturing to achieve our Company’s mission: Together, We Save Lives™.
We believe diversity and inclusion make for the best environment and yield extraordinary results. Therefore, The Safariland Group provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion and any other factor protected by law.
Where we work
As an industry leader, we combine forward-focused, high-performance people with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to create unlimited opportunities for product advancement. If you can picture yourself developing and delivering solutions to protect the lives of our heroes, then we invite you to explore our offerings and learn more about joining our global team of more than 2,000 associates strong.
Our Casper, Wyoming facility manufactures and distributes a full line of less lethal products under the Defense Technology® brand. These products include aerosol projectors, specialty impact munitions, chemical munitions and grenades, diversion devices and launchers. Safariland Less Lethal products are used by law enforcement, corrections and military customers both domestically and internationally.
ISO 9001 | ISO 14001 | OHSAS 18001
Our Jacksonville, Florida facilities manufacture and distribute a wide array of body armor / ballistic protection, holsters, forensics and firearm accessory products. This includes concealable armor, tactical armor and holsters under the Safariland brand; and firearms accessories products under the Break Free®, KleenBore® and Rogers™ brands. One of our Jacksonville facilities also produces industry-leading CSI equipment and supplies marketed under the Forensics Source™ umbrella and built upon our well-known product lines of NIK® Public Safety, Lightning Powder®, Identicator® and EVI-PAQ®. Forensics Source products are featured in many TV shows including CSI, The Good Wife, Bones, Forensics Files, and First 24.
ISO 9001 | ISO 14001 | OHSAS 18001 | NIJ 06
Our New Cumberland, Pennsylvania location is home to the Atlantic Tactical head office and one of the Atlantic Tactical retail stores. Atlantic Tactical is a Law Enforcement equipment and uniform distributor in the Northeastern United States. We supply products from more than 600 manufacturers in categories like duty gear, armor, uniforms & apparel, less lethal, firearms, ammunition, night vision and civil disturbance equipment.
Our Ogdensburg, New York team manufactures the Med-Eng® EOD 9® Bomb Suit & EOD 9A® Helmets – as featured in the Oscar-winning movie, the Hurt Locker – and the TAC 6 protective ensemble. This facility also has a well-proven capability to perform mechanical assembly and production for several other products within the Med-Eng portfolio.
Our Ontario, California facility manufactures and distributes products related to our Safariland® and Bianchi® holster and duty gear product lines. Additionally, the Ontario facility is home to our ballistic testing laboratory, where we design and test many of our products to ensure the highest possible quality for our customers.
ISO 9001 | ISO14001 | OHSAS 18001 | ISO/TS 16949
Our Pittsfield, Massachusetts facility manufactures and distributes Ballistic Resistant Enclosure® (BRE) units, Armored Fighting Positions (AFP) and tactical ladders for the Safariland® PROTECH® brand.
ISO 9001 | ISO 14001 | OHSAS 18001 | NIJ 06
New Cumberland, PA
Atlantic Tactical is a Law Enforcement equipment and uniform distributor in the Northeastern United States. We supply products from more than 600 manufacturers in categories like duty gear, armor, uniforms & apparel, less lethal, firearms, ammunition, night vision and civil disturbance equipment. Our retail stores serve local public safety agencies and officers as well as the general public. Our showrooms are some of the largest in the nation and carry thousands of products in stock.
Lawmen’s is the leading provider of law enforcement and public safety equipment in North Carolina and South Carolina. With retail locations in Raleigh, NC, Charlotte, NC and Columbia,SC, Lawmen’s provides public safety professionals with the equipment they need to accomplish their mission safely.
Established in 1949, United Uniform is a premier retailer and distributor of equipment, tactical gear and uniforms for law enforcement and public safety professionals in New York State. United Uniform is exceptionally proud of its sixty-seven-year tradition of service to generations of customers.
Our Pembroke, Canada team manufactures Med-Eng® personal protective equipment, including the highly popular Med-Eng EOD 9® Bomb Suit & Helmet, as well as the associated Body Cooling System and the TAC 6 blast and fragmentation protective ensemble with TAC series of visors. The facility also manufactures high risk search kits and bomb disposal semi-remote tools such as HAL® Hook and Line kits and similar tools.
ISO 9001 | Directive 89/686/EEC – Article 11B
Our Ottawa, Canada facility serves as the head office for the Med-Eng® brand. This site includes sophisticated Engineering and Research & Development equipment such as drop towers and a ballistics chamber, as well as equipment for developing and testing Micro Climate Systems. New product development is conducted here using full scale labs and software for soft goods, electronics and rapid prototyping. Teams spanning Product Management, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, Quality and HR are based out of the Ottawa office.
Our Tijuana, Mexico facility manufactures a broad range of concealable and tactical body armor carriers, holsters, duty gear product lines under the Safariland® brand. The Tijuana facility also manufactures nylon and leather holsters and duty gear products such as pouches, keepers and belts under the Bianchi® brand. In the automotive sector, TJ supplies Toyota®, Ford®, Honda®, Chrysler®, Suzuki®, GM®, Mazda®, Isuzu®, Kia®, and Nissan® with seat covers, masks and rings for tire covers. Our award-winning Tijuana facility is the starting point for many of our product lines and plays a key role in the vitality of our product development, manufacturing and supply chain.
ISO 9001 | ISO 14001 | ISO / TS 16949
How we work
Our colleagues are some of the best and brightest in the industry and we are seeking new team members who exhibit the diverse competencies that will drive The Safariland Group to even greater success while maintaining our culture of being a great place to work. We believe innovation drives winning performance and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best in every aspect of our business.
Safariland Core Competencies
- Commits, focuses, and dedicates their self to our business
- Demonstrates personal drive, energy and enthusiasm for the work they do
- Exhibits strong desire to see our business succeed
- Remains balanced under pressure and keeps calm in a crisis
- Has the ability to stay focused and sustain required effort when adversity strikes and things get tough
- Accepts responsibility for self and team
- Communicates expectations and outcomes to those responsible for producing final results
- Works successfully across departmental functions
- Advocates for the team vs. the individual
- Builds commitment among peers and team members
- Persists despite obstacles
- Motivates self in spite of a difficult emotional state
- Reflects, expresses or offers an unpretentious behavior
- Giving recognition to other team members instead of seeking attention for one self
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality
- Dependable in all aspects of daily functions
- Demonstrates consistent past performance so that peers and leaders can trust future performance
- Demonstrates persistence and perseverance in activities
- Steady and persistent in reaching identified goals
- Dedicates self to pursue best practices
- Demonstrates the desire to investigate and learn
- Interested in and capable of advancing one’s own knowledge, skills and abilities
- Skill of giving one’s full attention during a conversation
- Seeks to understand what others are saying
- Picks up on both verbal and nonverbal cues
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously
- Shifts priorities and focus effectively in the event of a change in direction or end goal
- Champions new initiatives
- Considers our company’s businesses, financials, and policies as if it were their own
- Awareness of one’s job contribution and the connection to our company